After my download solution annoyed me a few times, I outsourced the download. The new home for the downloads is GitHub. This also makes it easier for me to maintain and update.
At the moment I have two repositories that I use for InfrastrukturHelden:
Download scripts, code snippets and sample code
You can find these things in the InfrastrukturHelden.de repository. Sorted according to various criteria. I’ll make it simple for myself and tell you what I’ve written in the readme:
Powershell script collection by Fabian Niesen InfrastrukturHelden.de. The following applies to all scripts: Use at your own risk and without any guarantee! The scripts that have a header with versioning are usually more mature. Others are sometimes just practical code snippets that I can access better this way.
Scripts in the overview
- List-BitLockerrecoveryKeys.ps1 – Lists all BitLocker recovery keys in AD.
- Update-BitLockerRecovery.ps1 – Upload BitLocker recovery information to Active Directory, if they do not already exist.
- Start-Bitlocker.ps1 – Starts BitLocker encryption with a defined PIN.
Scripts from the time where I was Exchange consultant – no longer maintained
GPO – Group Policy
- get-GPOBackup.ps1 – Creates backup of the GPO with according html reports. The script creates a subfolder based upon an actual timestamp. – V1.58
- invoke-GPupdateDomain.ps1 – Remotely executes a GPUPDATE for individual computers, OUs or the entire domain.
User – User management
- create-user.ps1 – Creates a new user. Includes Microsoft365 licence assignment and a welcome email. Related Article: Creating Users Easily with PowerShell
- Get-LastLogonOU.ps1 – displays the last logon for all users in an OU. Both AD and Exchange.
WSUS – Windows Server Update Service
- decline-WSUSUpdatesTypes.ps1 – Decline several Update Types in Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Reset-WSUSClient.cmd – Resets several settings on the client. Solves most of the client problems.
- start-WsusServerSync.ps1 – Starts a WSUS sync across all servers and sends an email as a completion.
- get-adinfo.ps1 – Creates an AD report with useful functions like list of DCs and the versions of the schema and any extensions.
LifeCycle diagrams and wallpapers
Since I wanted to keep it thematically separate, the LifeCycle diagrams for Microsoft and my wallpapers got their own repository.
These life cycle diagrams are provided by InfrastrukturHelden.de (Fabian Niesen) under CC-BY-ND 4.0. They may be used without editing in commercial documents and presentations with attribution to “InfrastrukturHelden.de (Fabian Niesen)”.
PDF and PNG (Not for all) variants are available. Of course, they are available in German and English. Included are products from the following categories with support after 01.01.2020:
- Windows Client Operating Systems
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Variants (Monthly Editions only exemplarily and sporadically, otherwise the effort would be too high)
- Microsoft Office Backend Server (Exchange, SharePoint, Skype4Business)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Dynamics
I took the opportunity to update the list to the status of 08.03.2021.
At the moment, my BSOD = “BlueScreen of death” and GSOD = “GreenScreen of death”, the BlueScreen of the Insider version, can be found here. The error code for this is 0xC0FFEE, as are the error messages in German and English.
Have fun with it. I also like to use it as the last slide in presentations, its sudden silence definitely ensures an attentive audience 🙂