1. Plans for individual services
With Microsoft 365, there are various plans, and you don’t always find the one you are looking for. Here is an overview of various Microsoft 365 plans, some with the order links behind them. These links are affiliate links, which means we get a commission without changing the costs. This helps us to run this blog and create content.
The shown components are only for first orientation, for the complete functionality please check the Microsoft Service Description. All information without guarantee. Status: 25.04.2021.
Plans for individual services
- Project Online Essentials: Contains a limited version of “Project for the web” and “Project Online”.
- Project Online Premium: Contains the normal version of “Project for the web” and “Project Online”, as well as the Project Online Desktop Client.
- Project Online Professional: Like Premium, but includes the full range of functions of Project Online.
A comparison of the exact functions can be found in the Service Description on Microsoft Docs.
- Microsoft 365 Visio Plan 1: Web-based Visio version only
- Microsoft 365 Visio Plan 2: Like Plan 1 plus the desktop version Microsoft Visio
Microsoft Apps for Enterprise / Office 365 Pro Plus
- Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise: This used to be Office 365 Pro Plus. It is the Office Desktop Client package, this includes: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNote and Access.
Microsoft Server Services
- Microsoft 365 SharePoint Online Plan 1: Includes 1TB of cloud storage in OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online with basic information.
- Microsoft 365 SharePoint Online Plan 2: Includes 5TB cloud storage in OneDrive, can be increased by Microsoft Support if required. Also includes enterprise features such as search, audit and Data Lost Prevention (DLP) solutions.
- Microsoft 365 OneDrive for Business Plan 1: Includes 1TB of cloud storage in OneDrive for Business
- Microsoft 365 OneDrive for Business Plan 2: Includes 5TB cloud storage in OneDrive, can be increased by Microsoft Support if required.
- Microsoft 365 Exchange Online Plan 1: Mailbox with 50 GB of storage incl. standard functions
- Microsoft 365 Exchange Online Plan 2: Mailbox with 100GB storage and unlimited archive mailbox. Additionally DLP functions.
- Microsoft 365 Exchange Online Archiving: Online archive with 50GB storage and enterprise features such as eDiscovery, compliance archive, retention policies.
- Microsoft Teams
- Enterprise Mobility + Security E3: includes Azure Active Directory Premium P1, Microsoft Intune, Azure Information Protection P1, Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics, Azure Rights Management (part of Azure Information Protection) and Windows Server CAL rights.
- Enterprise Mobility + Security E5: includes all features of Enterprise Mobility + Security E3 Plan 1 plus Azure Active Directory Premium (AADP) P2, Azure Information Protection P2, Microsoft Cloud App Security, Azure Active Directory Identity Protection, Azure Advanced Threat Protection, Azure AD Privileged Identity Management
Office 365 plans (Microsoft 365 with Office components only, without Intune or EMS)
- Office 365 Enterprise E1: Includes Office Web Apps (no Office Pro Plus), Exchange Online P1, SharePoint P1, Teams, Stream, Power Apps, Forms, Planner, To-Do, etc
- Office 365 Enterprise E3: In addition to everything included in the E1 plan, also includes the Office Client for the desktop.
- Office 365 Enterprise E5: Like E3 but the services are included in the plan 2 version.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise plans
- Microsoft 365 E3: Office, Exchange, Teams(Partw.), Sharepoint, Yammer, OneDrive, Stream, Sway, Lists, Forms, Planner, PowerApps, Power Sutomate, To Do, Power BI (Partw.), Intune, Azure AD Premium P1, Azure Information Protection P1
- Microsoft 365 E5: Office, Exchange, Teams, Sharepoint, Yammer, OneDrive, Stream, Sway, Lists, Forms, Planner, PowerApps, Power Sutomate, To Do, Power BI, Intune, Azure AD Premium P1, Microsoft 365 Defender, Azure Information Protection P2, Cloud App Security, Service Encryption with Customer Key, Privileged Access Management
- Microsoft 365 F3: Limited offering for production employees without their own devices, predominantly web-based
Microsoft 365 Business Plans
- Microsoft 365 Apps for Business: Office Client with OneDrive
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic: Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard: Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Office Client – Here you can also take a look at Amazon, where an annual subscription is usually available at a lower price than at Microsoft.
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium: Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Intune, Azure Information Protection, Office Client
Microsoft 365 Home Plans
- Office 365 Home
- Office 365 Personal
- Microsoft 365 Family: Office Client for 5 people – Here it is often worth taking a look at Amazon€, where you can often save up to 40 euros.
- Microsoft 365 Single: Office Client for one person – Here, too, it is often worth taking a look at Amazon€, where you can often save up to 20 euros.
Note to this article
This article was automatically translated from German from our German partner blog InfrastrukturHelden.de.